Facility-Plastic Surgery Center Honolulu Hawaii
Our Surgery Center is amongst the safest and most modern facilities in the state of Hawaii.
How can I determine if my plastic surgeon’s surgical facility meets acceptable safety standards?
- Accredited by AAAASF Class "C"
- Licensed by State of Hawaii for Free standing Surgical Outpatient Facility
- Federally licensed approved by Medicare as an outpatient surgery center
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery have issued a statement to their members that by July 1, 2002 all plastic surgery performed under anesthesia, other than minor local anesthesia and/or minimal oral tranquilization, must be performed in a surgical facility that meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Accredited by a national or state recognized accrediting agency/organization such as the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF), Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), or Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- Certified to participate in the Medicare program under Title XVIII
- Licensed by the state in which the facility is located
Patients should ensure that the facility is accredited or is in the process of being accredited.
If your surgeon is not board certified from ASPS they also do not have any regulations.
Link to check the ASPS board certification
Marco Rizzo, M.D.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Plastic Surgery Honolulu Hawaii
Queens Medical Center POB2
1329 Lusitana St. #401
Honolulu HI 96813
Dr. Rizzo's other site:Breast Surgery Hawaii.com